Whenever you burn your tongue, it may feel as though you lose some of your taste buds. Here are some things that you can do to heal a burnt tongue:
1) Put ice on your tongue immediately, and let it sit for a minute or two.
2) Lick ice cream, popsicles and other cold foods.
3) Try not to eat anything acidic, because they will irritate the burnt tongue.
4) Let hot foods cool before eating them.
5) Consume cough drops in order to aid the healing process.
6) Be patient, the tongue is one of fastest healing body parts. Just try to avoid burning it more while you’re waiting for it to heal!