In order to get children to brush their teeth, parents have tried creative and new ways to get them to do so. They need to get the kids to view brushing their teeth as a fun task, and there are various ways that they can accomplish this.
Here are some ideas:
- Get your child acquainted with his or her toothbrush, even if it is not time to brush at that moment.
- Read your child a bedtime story while he or she is brushing.
- Get two brushes- one for the child to play with, chew on, and practice with before brushing teeth with the other one.
- Have your child pretend brush on his or her favorite stuffed animal.
- Make brushing a fun game.
- Play hide-and-seek/chase with your child, and when you find your child, you get to brush his or her teeth.
- Have your child practice brushing your teeth, while you brush his/hers thoroughly.
- Don’t share toothbrushes because various bacteria will spread.
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day, floss often (like after every meal), use mouthrinse, and visit the dentist once every six months minimum.
- Start your kids on a healthy oral routine as young as possible.
- Make toothbrushing fun to encourage them to follow a good oral hygiene routine.