Some foods that are notorious for causing halitosis are garlic, onions, curry, fish and cheese. Therefore, you’re going to want to freshen your mouth after eating these. You also need to freshen your mouth once every 30-60 minutes until the breath offending-food is out of your bloodstream- sometimes this takes up to 24 hours! It isn’t a good idea to brush your teeth that often, so trying some foods that banish halitosis may be just what the dentist ordered.
Foods that can fix bad breath:
1) Lemons- These are easy to find in restaurants, bars, etc. Lemon-flavored candies can work as well as normal lemons, and are more easily portable.
2) Green garnishes (i.e. parsley, basil, and rosemary) - A garnish doesn’t always just serve as a decoration. The meals that have garnish often have a lot of onions and garlic–thus needing a breath freshener afterward. If you chew on a parsley’s sprigs, it releases breath-freshening oils.
3) Crisp and fresh foods like apples, firm pears, carrots, jicama are all high in fiber, plus chewing bumps up the productive of saliva (functions like a scrubbing rinse inside the oral cavity).
4) Crunchy spices like anise, coriander, cardamom, and fennel seeds are available in many grocery stores. Try getting these spices, mixing equal parts together in a covered bowl, and keep them around for mealtime. If you chew on a few seeds here and there, enough oil should be released to freshen your breath after eating. They taste good, as well.
5) Mint sprigs/cinnamon sticks (cinnamon/mint gum, etc.)- These especially help against onion and garlic. Cinnamon, with its essential oils, also helps kill various types of oral bacteria. Gum without sugar is less likely to cause cavities and fuel the bad breath-causing bacteria.
6) Berries/yogurt- Eat these foods to prevent bad breath…if you eat half of one cup of plain and sugarless yogurt twice a day, this can lower the levels of hydrogen sulfide in your mouth. The same goes with berries, melons, oranges, and other foods high in Vitamin C- they help kill smelly bacteria in the oral cavity. Try having a cup of fruit with yogurt twice a day, and this should help get rid of the bad breath.
Last but not least, practice good oral care, and this will decrease your “Real Age” as much as 6.4 years!
Tags: and fennel seeds, anise, bad breath, bad breath cure, banish bad breath, banish halitosis, basil bad breath, berries, cardamom, cheese, coriander, curry, fish, fix bad breath, garlic, green garnishes, halitosis, halitosis cause, Halitosis Cure, lemon bad breath, lemons, Mint sprigs/cinnamon sticks, onions, parsley bad breath, rosemay, yogurt