Redbook recently has compiled a list of bad breath remedies / treatments if you happen to have a problem with bad breath (halitosis). Here are ten bad breath remedies mentioned in Redbook:
- Brush and floss your teeth 2-3X daily.
- Use a tongue scraper to clean your tongue.
- Eat around 6 oz. of plain yogurt each day to reduce the foul odor causing bacteria (due to the active cultures/probiotics in yogurt)
- Eat ‘detergent’ vegetables – Textured foods like carrots and apples will help clean your tongue
- Stay hydrated, because bacteria thrive when you have dry mouth, which helps cause bad breath
- Drink tea (especially green tea). Tea contains polyphenols, which are compounds that inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause bad breath
- Eat parsley- Since parsley has chlorophyll, this can help halt your halitosis
- Use the correct mouthwash- Rinse at least 30 seconds each night (preferably using a mouthwash without alcohol)
- Chew sugarless gum- this increases the production of saliva, thus hydrating your mouth
- Avoid spicy and strong smelling foods that cause bad breath
Tags: bad breath gum, bad breath remedies, bad breath remedy, bad breath treatment, bad breath treatments, brushing bad breath, detergent vegetables breath, dry mouth bad breath, foods bad breath, mouthwash bad breath, parsley bad breath, redbook, redbook bad breath, sugarless gum bad breath, tea bad breath, tongue scraper bad breath, yogurt bad breath